Blog Archive

Friday, May 18, 2007

Please Fill out my Survey called Wheels 2 Fitness

How accessible are the gym's in your area? How many people in wheelchair's can go to a gym and work out like everyone else? How many people wish there were more wheelchair accessible equipment at local fitness centers? Well, I do!! As Ms. Wheelchair Washington 2007, I am going to try to work with some local gym's in the community to encourage them to make their fitness centers more accessible to wheelchair users. To best provide the need for this, I need feedback from you. I want to be able to find out from other wheelchair users what you are looking for to help me with my mission to provide more accessible gyms for people with disabilities. So, please take a moment and fill out my survey. It is all confidential and I will not share your information with anyone. Please take a few minutes and fill out my survey called "Wheels 2 Fitness- Access for a better life through exercise" Thank you, Sigrid Laegreid Ms. Wheelchair Washington 2007

1 comment:

Elise Wachspress said...

I am Director of Public and Community Relations at Shriners Hospitals for Childrne - Chciago. We are very interested in supporting efforts to get health clubs, etc., to provide more accessible workout facilities for people with disabilities. I would love to hear the results of your survey! Elise Wachspress, ewachspress@shrinenet.org